
What a fantastic week! Jason and I got to have some much needed alone time, I got to live my dream and meet Miss America (she is so nice) AND I was able to witness Mckenna- Miss Utah's Outstanding Teen, kick booty and win a preliminary award. The week was incredible! We were able to travel along side of our current Miss Utah, Kayla Barclay, her mother Susan and the Executive Director for Miss Utah, Renita Revill. Jason was basically our driver and bodyguard all week, he loved it! He and I also visited Universal Studios for 2 days and shopped until my feet bled...literally. Totally worth it though! Then each night (tues/wed/thurs/sat) we went to the pageant. Mckenna was FABULOUS!!! She was a delight to watch on stage and as her director, I couldn't be more proud of her.

Her parents and grandparents were there cheering her on and we had a blast each night cheering "UTAH" as loud as we could. There is SO much work that goes into the local, state and national pageants and its unfortunate that most of that time and effort gets overlooked. It was amazing to see all 52 state titleholders and the dedication they have to their platforms, talent and poise. I can't wait for next year already! Of course I have The Miss America competition in January to hold me over...we are so going to Vegas to watch the event! Again, Mckenna was on top of her game and I am honored to be apart of her amazing year!
3 comments:
Sounds like fun! I need your advice on some vinyl I want to do in my dining room so give me a call when you get a minute.
Well that is pretty ecxiting! By the way your blog is very cute! I just got into it so mine is small but cute! Wow you have been married 5 years! That makes me feel old! Your boys are soooo cute and they are getting so big! We still need to get everyone together and catch up! ps do your moms like their purses still!?!
Amy Hi!!! I have so much fun reading your blog! I need to talk to you about my super sat. in October. I desperately need a couple more craft ideas and I thought your vinyl company might be helpful. Could you call me?? (270) 885-9533. I hope to talk soon!
Post a Comment