Saturday, October 10, 2009

the PUNK-INS

Fall is without a doubt my favorite time of year. Halloween decorations are always up before September is through, which only fuels my desire for orange glittered leaf garlands, pumpkins, scarecrows and "Hillbilly Homebrew" melting on the Scentsy. So with the boys in jackets and the back of the car empty, we headed out to find the perfect pumpkins to adorn our porch during this awesome time of year. Dawson of course had to find the biggest one of the bunch, but we told him he could buy one that he could carry. He settled with a nice shaped, plump one with a huge, fat stem. Carter was just happy to throw dirt clumps at the fence, but did end up picking out one that contrasted Dawson's (much like they do in most things).

Carving pictures in the near future.


We then ventured down to Spanish Fork main street where the Scarecrow festival is in full swing. We collectively decided that the Charlie Brown display was our favorite, go #8! Each year the business here decorate a "theme" scarecrow and then you can vote on your favorite. Some of the honorable mentions for the Razz Family favorite, included the Michael Jackson scarecrow (which was quite accurate to the real man) and the Peeking Opera scarecrows. But because the Charlie Brown Halloween special DVD plays year round at our house, its no wonder why the Great Pumpkin got our vote!

4 comments:

Charlie and Cassie said...

thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, we like jbug too!! haha Dont you worry, when you are blessed with your little girl, she will be stunning! it took us a long time to get jaynee, besides now charlie is nervous that we wont get our boy!! isnt it so true that we always want what we dont have. you have 2 of the cutest little guys ive ever seen, carter seems like hes going to give you a run for money!! good luck with that!!

Cisneros Family said...

Amy-
It was so good to see you too! And, yes! Lets get together for lunch. How is wed? That would work great for me!! We really need to catch up. It has been way to long. I really miss you too. The pageant was fun! Thanks for telling Camilla about me. She did a great job. That was a lot of girls. I will call you later. Have a good night.

Kaye said...

That looks so fun. I wish I lived closer so I could come with you. Don't you love when I invite myself. Hug my boys for me, I miss you all..

Stevie and Meesha said...

FUN FUN! Wish we could have joined you:) We will see you at this little shindig this weekend at my mom's I am pretty excited to see what she has up her sleve.