Saturday, April 10, 2010

T-shirt re-vampin'

For Easter my mom gave Dawson & Carter cute striped tee's. They are totally cute on thier own, but they posed as the perfect canvas for something creative.  Upon my craft blog surfing I found a cute idea...cut up old shirts and make up something fun... SO I did! Of course Dawson helped me with the design, he wanted a "super-awesome-cool spaceship!" Carter's was a little less complex, mosly because he wanted 13 different things on his shirt. I did a simple argyle pattern, cut out of a pair of shorts that he ruined last summer. I think both of them sported the shirts so well!
I found 2 shirts sitting in his closet, one was too small and the other had fallen victim to some fruit punch stains. I drew the shapes of the ship onto a piece of paper and then traced them onto the different pieces of fabric. Then carefully went around each shape, sewing it to the black square. Within 25 mintues this cute project was complete! 

3 comments:

mckenna1 said...

cute and very creative.

Stevie and Meesha said...

Cute. It looks WAY GOOD:)

Wilkerson Weekly said...

I really like your craft blog. It makes me feel slightly lame about my own lack of artsy ability, but maybe one of these days I'll get a sewing machine. You are definitely making me lean in that direction.