Friday, September 5, 2008

cont....

Wow...what a day! As I sit here writing this entry, Dawson is jabbering about his party, half awake-half asleep. Its the perfect ending to the day. We had a few (about 30) of our closest friends and family over to celebrate the magical year that is THREE! Our pediatrician gave us lots of helpful information at his 3-year-old checkup and told us the third year in a child's life is extremely crucial. This is the year they start to formulate memories that they take with them into adulthood. At three they start to understand the "why's" of the world and begin to formulate their own logical reasons to why things happen.

I set out to make a fun party for Dawson, letting him pick the theme and balloon colors...and in the process I found a really smart and motivated little person inside of him. I know I'm probably over-exaggerating this proud moment of mommy-hood, but I really find so much joy in the simplest things he says. Granted, about 75% of my day is spent, chasing him around, cleaning up spills, pulling him off of Carter, and trying to coax him into potty training...its all completely worth it. He is really becoming a person and not just a crazy-haired-toddler-lunatic.

So taking into consideration what Dr. Cornish said, I want to make sure I do my very best to make his life one of great memories. I think it's the hope of every parent to want their child to have things better than they had- which in Jason and I's case...is a tough act to follow! But we are striving to allow our children's future to be one where, when they stumble and fall, they can confidently get back up and know that people love them. I want them to be able to succeed and know exactly where their abilities and divine potential comes from. Each day is a blessing and I am so grateful to have had approx. 1,095 blessings come from Dawson. 3 years and counting (OF course Jason is also responsible for 1,900 days of blessings and wee little Carter is right there in the blessing count with about 270) :-}
anyway...
Thank you to EVERYONE who came and supported our little guy. Your friendship means the world to us! And present payback is coming!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hey Amy,
I disappeared from your blog list! Wow, looks like Dawson had a great party! Hope you are doing well....

Bryce & Camillia Dougal said...

Looks like Dawson had a blast at his party! Who was the lucky one who got to play Mickey? Daniel asked us today if we could go home to utah so that we could go to your birthday party...ha ha, we smiled and said we wish! Hope y'all are doing super! We love you! Give Dawson, and Carter too, our love!