Sunday, October 26, 2008

you got somethin on your face...


Ah, little Carter. I have to announce that he has mastered the art of walking...well at least as mastered as an 11-month old can be. I will hopefully catch some of his drunken-like wobbling on camera soon. He is so fun, whenever he falls down, he claps his hands and acts so proud of himself. I know I am in for a very active little boy. I seriously cannot wait for this little monkey to start talking, I can tell already he is going to have some fun things come out of his mouth! He was SO tired in this picture, it was all I could do to finish loading the dishwasher, so I gave him an Oreo and this is what happened...the diaper and the wall were also covered in black goo. So cute to pass up.

And another milestone was hit at our house over the last couple of weeks...DAWSON IS POTTY TRAINED!! Hallelujah! It took about 2 days and he has done it! We are still working out some of the kinks, but for the most part he is shocking the heck out of Jason and I. He hardly ever has to be asked, 99% of the time he comes and tells me he 'went' and wants his prize. Whew, that wasn't as painful as I thought it would be...but, knock on wood huh.? Funny thing too, about 6 months ago we saw a commercial for Disneyland and Dawson immediately asked if he could go there. I told him, "sure when you go in the potty." Well, fast forward to last Tuesday and Dawson was getting rewarded for doing his business the big-boy-way and he asked, with the sweetest little voice, "we go to Dinseyland now mommy?"

Gosh darn it.

I bought tickets and booked our hotel. I am such a wimp.

3 comments:

Brandon and Tina Goss said...

Thats great news!!! Keep it up Dawson!! Sometimes it stinks that 3year olds remember way more than you expect them to, but at least Disneyland will be fun for everyone!

Lindsay said...

You gotta love oreos as a babysitter sometimes huh! I know I do, to give you just enough time to finish something!! How cute is that picture!! Plus way to go Dawson! That is awesome!! Such a big boy!

Jamie and Tom said...

haha you are a sucker for your kids! that is so funny... good for dawson! And carter haha that is the funniest picture! I think he enjoyed that one a lot! anyways have fun in disneyland!