Friday, February 13, 2009

Circus, Carter & Cupid

So, now that I have recovered from my case of Blogstipation, I finally have some items of good report! First off, a couple of weeks ago, Dawson and I (along with unlce, aunt and cousin in tow) decided to make a last minute decision to go to the CIRCUS! It was held at UVU and it was a total blast! Dawson was so excited to see the animals and watch the strange and unique acts. His favorite part of the night was getting to ride the miniature ponies. He was lucky enough to ride Jack (what we named him) two times. He was on cloud 9.

Next up, Carter. Well thank goodness for antibiotics and humidifiers (a few words uttered in my nightly prayers). We had made it 3.2 years with NO ear infections in our family... so when Carter decided to be the first brave one to get an infection in both ears, I didn't know how to react. I am SO grateful this has been the most 'sickness' we've had to fight off in our house! With 3 trips to the Doc, and 2 prescriptions later, we got the nasty ear bugs to go away. Poor little dude, though. He was miserable for a while.


AND FINALLY, Cupid made an early visit to the Rasmussen home. I decided to give Jason his gift early, for 2 reasons. 1. So he would know for certain, what a thoughtful, intelligent and prepared wife he had. and 2. So he knew that he was up against. I planned his gift weeks ago and when the gift bag was pulled apart, a hush fell in the room and Jason began to cry. (Okay not really... but I had ya there) He did give me his "thank you babe" which I have programmed in my brain to mean "WOW, HOLY SMOKES, THIS IS GREAT!" and I knew my gift hit the heart target. Here it is... It looks totally crooked in this picture, but I assure you...it's not. I worked tediously on this darn thing for hours...getting the corners and vinyl just right. SO- with that said, we shall see what Jason comes up with, since our Valentines gifts have always been a rivalry between us. I think the score so far is: 5 & 0. With AMY as the winner. Good luck Jase!

4 comments:

alohareynolds said...

Nate totally KICKED MY BUTT last year!!! I got him a pair of shoes (I know, not the most romantic thing, but what do you get a guy??? LOL!) But he surprised me with a blue sapphire and diamond ring!!! We were at the mall and were passing through Zale's and he said "we should look in here for those circle of love necklaces that you like" I was pretty shocked by the suggestion but I played along. Needless to say, the circle of love necklace was a decoy for the ring he had picked out for me... It was pretty freaking sweet!!! Needless to say, Nate got REALLY lucky HAHAHA!!!

alohareynolds said...

By the way, is a similar frame like this one sale??? I would LOVE to buy it if you have one!!! LOL!!!

Bryce & Camillia Dougal said...

That is soo cute! What a great idea! You wanna make us something similar? You are sooo creative, I've been racking my brain and can't come up with anything to give to my Brycee... :-( we've always sucked at this game anyways, but it would be nice to surprise him. Good Job!

Becky said...

What's with all the mushy crap? Just kidding! After 14 years with the same person, I'm just glad he hasn't ran away screaming!