On Saturday night, I had the honor of being apart of the Best Buddies of Utah "Dancing with the Starzz" event. It was held at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and catered by the Roof restaurant. AMAZING! Marisa and Whitney were both celebrity dancers and both had adorable partners. The event raises money for individuals with mental disabilities. It was such a magical night! When we were given our table assignment, I quickly realized we were seated with the Mayor of Salt Lake County, Peter Cahoon and Kerri Cronk from Fox 13. I was immediately nervous for the 2 hours of conversation that were ahead. I sat directly next to the Mayor and he was VERY nice. He didn't have a 'date' so I felt bad that he was just sitting there. So we actually talked about a lot of various things. Then Marisa and Whitney danced, both with the whole room cheering for them and their cute partners. Such a great experience for them.I also got to meet one of my Utah idols- Angie Larsen from Good Things Utah. SHE IS A DOLL! She sat and talked to us for a while about all sorts of things. She is a truly genuine person. I was even more of a fan after that night. Marisa's mom was able to come with us and we had a great time...black tie events?? heck yeah!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have been there. Cute pic of you guys too.
Post a Comment