I love having heart to heart moments with our kids. On the way to get a treat tonight, Dawson and I struck up a conversation about the things we are most thankful for. In preschool they had discussed some of the things that were important to them and why we should be thankful. Dawson of course told his class that he was thankful for his Monsters VS Aliens game and DVD. (glad the materialistic side of him could be expressed so freely). After he told me this, I said "You know what I'm thankful for? I am thankful for you and Carter and Daddy and for the nice, warm house we get to live in... Did you know that some people don't even have houses??"He quickly interjected and said "Yeah, that's because the wolf blew them over!"
I guess in the eyes of a 4 year old, those are the facts. Of course there are homeless people (and pigs) all because of that big bad wolf.
I suppose the life changing talks about gratitude will have to wait a little while longer.
5 comments:
love it!
so cute!
I love getting a glance into kids minds!
oh he totally knows what's going on, he just likes to relate it with things that make sense to him! haha
oh he is so sweet :)
Post a Comment