Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crowns. Gowns. and Fun.

Members of the Miss Utah Board with Kayla.
What an exciting event! I LOVED every minute of Miss America week! I was so lucky enough to travel along side Miss Utah's Teen (my girl) Meredith and her super fun Mom, Cynthia for the week. WE HAD A BLAST! We laughed to so much sometimes my stomach hurt. We shopped, ate and went the pageant for 4 days! Meredith tried on dozens of beautiful designer gowns for her Nationals evening gown and I think we found it! I loved going into stores like Sacks 5th Avenue and laughing my head off... a t-shirt was $245 bucks! I pity those people that actually would spend money on a cotton/poly blend for that kind of dough. I will try to get more pics posted and maybe a few more fun stories...but for now, this is all I will bore you with.
Did I mention that I put $7 in a penny slot and WON $250.00!!???!! Totally awesome!Me giving a hug to the machine that made me $250 richer

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OK...first of all that sounds like a TOTAL blast...and it sounds like I need to go into the tee shirt business (lol)! Second of all I know Stephanie and Cynthia! I went to Haiti with them...That's so crazy! I LOVED them...and now know why you had such a great time...they are so fun to be with! Anyway...you all are sooooo beautiful!

Luke and Mary said...

Glad you had a good time... It sounds like it would be one CRAZY experience!

Scottie and Tasha said...

Hey my sis has a picture of you with Kayla... I'll have to send it your way!

P.S. she still feels bad about telling Miss Utah's Teen to move out of the way :) so she could get some more shots of Kayla!

Braydon Nielsen said...

Amy it is so awesome to see your spunk and passion for miss teen. You rock. Hope all is going well...