Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas and such...

Wow. So I have been home from Price for over 24 hours now, and I am still at a loss on where to put all the new gifts... how to sort the laundry... what groceries to buy... and how to muster up the courage to put my Christmas decoration back in storage...

Uggghhh! The Holidays are awesome! The cleaning up and getting back to reality- IS NOT!
However, we did have a fantastic time with our family! Tuesday (23rd) was my Dad's birthday. We arrived in Price just in time to grab some pizza at Pizza Hut and headed to the movies. We saw the Tale of Desperuex, my kids were the only 2 in the theatre and it was not a "hit" for Dawson. Then Wednesday and Thursday we did some major holiday shopping (as much as you can do in Price) at K-Mart. I got some really cute wrapping paper and that's about it. Christmas Eve was the quietest its ever been. We spent it with Jason's family (well a few of them) and had a wonderful turkey dinner and played Wii till the kids were ready to crash. Christmas morning was full of fun, Dawson loved Santa's note and Carter and my dad's new puppy ate wrapping paper off the floor. We all got WONDERFUL gifts and I hope everyone enjoyed what we gave them. The next 2 days were spent grazing on garbage food and watching movies. I did manage to burn a couple of calories playing the Wii, but my out of shape arms couldn't take the pressure.

Then, here we are now. All tuckered out and trying to ward off the stomach flu that made a pass through the family in Price. Yipee! Happy New Year, none the less!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like that was a fun time! I just love these Holidays. Eat way too much and then vow for New Years to "change your ways". Not worth it. Holiday food is just too good! Gald that everything was fun and good luck with the whole flu thing!

Toni said...

I know what you mean by mustering up the courage to put the decorations away. I am still having a hard time believing Christmas actually happened. Sounds like you guys had fun though!

Bryce & Camillia Dougal said...

Glad you guys had loads of fun! We too have been enjoying the wii games and the wii fit! Lots of fun! Thanks so much for the gift you sent to Kimmy! She loves the doll, and the clothes are sooo cute!