Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Paging Dr. Rasmussen and SANTA!

We have been really lucky this year, to have had pretty great health considering all the H1N1 hype. It wasn't until we came home frome Disneyland, to have Carter be the first to get the tummy bug. It only lasted about 12 hours and then he was back to running and jumping around. Then on Monday, Dawson was the benefactor to family sharing and spent the day, with his head in the "barf bucket." I explained to him that he could use the big plastic bowl that was right next to him, instead of having to make a dash to the bathroom. This plastic bowl served its purpose about 13 times that day.

Well, as luck (and virual infectious bugs all over our house) would have it, I woke up this morning with it too. I have tried to stay inside and keep to myself, but the motherly duties, do call. Jason offered too stay home, but really I didn't feel to terrible until about 5 hours ago. As I was laying on my bed after dinner, Dawson came in and the following conversation transpired.

Dawson: Mommy, you are sick, huh?
Me: Well, yes, buddy...thats what happens sometimes. I'm okay though. Just had what you had."
Dawson disappears for a moment, returns with his KFC soda cup from dinner.
Dawson: Here mommy, I drank all the sprite really fast, so you can have it by your bed, so you can throw up in it. Now you won't have to run to the potty when your tummy feels bad. When it gets full, I will come and put it in the sink and bring it back. Then you can throw up some more. Does that sound like a plan?
Me: Wow, Dawson you are so nice, honey. Thank you for taking care of mommy, I love you!
Dawson: I love you too mom. Now don't forget to use the cup, okay?
He leaves, back to watching cartoons.

By this point, all those yucky aches and chills went away. I really had my heart melted by his incredibly thoughtful gesture. After that I really didn't feel as bad as the moments before.
Dawson has the touch!

AND...
if that wasn't cool enough, watch this super fun video! Thanks Lindz for showing me this! Click on the link to view.
Santa's personal message to DAWSON!
I can't wait for his reaction!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

That's adorable. What a thoughtful little boy. So cute!

Stevie and Meesha said...

I'm glad that all of you are feeling better. I love the video. That is awesome. I want to know what his reaction was when he saw it!

Lindsay said...

Oh I am glad you liked it! I think that was one of the best memories I have now to see his whole face light up and believe in Santa so much!
Let us know how Dawson reacted!!

Bryce & Camillia Dougal said...

Very Very Awesome! I think family traditions are neat! And the santa thing is a great idea too! Those boys are so darling! Great pics!