Friday, May 14, 2010

I love my kids

I'm sure the recent sad story in Layton with the 4 year old little boy has hit home with a lot of us. I just read the latest reports on KSL.com and tried to fight back the tears, until finally- I couldn't. What a terrible and sad display of parenting (if you can even call it that). If this tragedy has taught me anything, it is that I will work that much harder to be a better mother and caregiver for the 2 tender spirits I have in this life. Dawson and Carter mean everything to Jason and I and we are re-committing ourselves to be the best parents we can. No child should ever have to face the abuse, neglect and torture that poor little child experienced. The only comfort I can find, is knowing that, that little boy is in the arms of a loving Father in Heaven and away from the clutches of his Earthly mother and step-father.

I am so grateful that families can be together forever and I want to be the kind of parent, my children want to be with forever. 

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Cameron was telling me about that story yesterday, and I started crying too. It breaks my heart. By the way, you have adorable boys!

mckenna1 said...

I made dad mute the TV. I just couldn't stand it. It has really effected a lot of people. Most men would love to be in a room with the s o b and see how tuff he really is.

Charlie and Cassie said...

true that amy! i think about it everyday and it blows my mind that somebody could do that to a child. makes you cherish every moment, and be thankful that Heavenly Father trusts us with his little ones.

Halee D. said...

Very true Amy and what two amazing liveable spirits u have!! I love them both and they too are lucky to have u and Jase as their parents! Love u and miss u

Justi said...

Great post, Ame! You said it so well...being the kind of parent my children WANT to be with forever is a goal of mine too. Your boys love you to pieces and you are an incredible Mama. They are lucky to have you.

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Loved this post. We have been so upset about all of this too! (Who isn't?) This being a parent stuff is a lot of work, but so worth it to try to do the best we can! Your boys are darling! I know I say that every time I comment, but come on! LoReLi