Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Preschool graduation & Memorial Day

On Friday, May 28th Dawson graduated from Mrs. Marrotts Preschool. We were lucky enough to have Jason's parents, Grandma Nilly (Neeley), Uncle Ryan, Kristena, Kaylani, Riley, Colby, Uncle Shane and Dazen there with us for the occasion. Each of the 10 graduates got to have 2 parts in the program. Dawson's parts were to name all the colors and say the alphabet. Jason was in charge of filming and got confused with the techiness of our camera and didn't get either of his parts :( The memory is there though. Then the kids sang some songs they've been working on-SO CUTE.
The program concluded with Mrs. Marrott giving out awards to each student. Dawson received "The Happiest Kid Award" his teacher said he was the student who was always happy and was so nice to everyone. She said he had the most adorable smile and that we should all watch for him in the future to be in commercials. She thought he was just the most handsome boy (we agree). Then each student got to climb up on a table, get their dimploma and then jump off the end, to officially graduate! It was a pretty fun night for Dawson. Congrats big guy!
Memorial Day
On Saturday we decided to make something of our 'free' day at home (it seriously never happens). We took the boys to Bajios for lunch and then headed to Trafalga- to play miniature golf in the newly remodeled indoor course. Blacklight style. Dawson was immediately intrigued...Carter just wanted to throw his golf ball, which didn't go over well in the dark. Thankfully he kept finding it, all up till the last hole!
It was a fantastic way to spend part of the day!
Then...off to Price.
We hung out at Jason's parents house on Sunday, eating, playing games and spending time with Ryan before he heads back out on his mission. He tore is ACL a few weeks ago and had to come home, have surgery, recover and then head back out! He left today actually, we are so proud of him for staying strong! We had a special family night and Grandpa Doug read a sweet story to the boys. Then they got a "Missionary Bank" and a picture of their Uncle Ryan. It was pretty cute. I got to hold Kamron a lot, which I LOVED. He belongs to Uncle Chad & Aunt RyLee. Oh my heck- he is  such a sweet baby...kicks and smiles and reminds me what a tiny little baby is like!
On Monday, we headed over to my parents house for a BBQ...and holy smokes. My brother Bryce made 6 different kinds of grilled baby back ribs! Just the aroma inside the kitchen made our mouths water!
This picture doesn't do any of the amazing food justice. Memorial day took on a new meaning for us...remember how hard it is to loose weight...so don't over-eat!! HAHA!
After dinner was cleaned up and our bellies were full...we moved on to belly painting! My sister-in-law's, sister (got that?) Mandy is due on June 8th. Holding strong to tradition in our family, pregnant women paint their bellies. Dawson was a basketball, Carter decided to come a week early- so we missed the chance, but he would have been a pumpkin. We've done all kinds of fun things- watermelons, eyeballs, eight balls, globes...but I think I found a new favorite! Thanks Mandy for letting me paint Oscar the Grouch on your tummy! Which is ironic, because she is the least grouchy pregnant lady I've ever met! Good Luck!

2 comments:

Halee D. said...

The pictures are so cute! And I am sad I missed Dawsons graduation but tell him I am so excited for him and proud of him. Also I totally agree with what his teacher said! He's a freak'n stud! love you guys!

Charlie and Cassie said...

I love the belly pic! what a cute idea!