Friday, May 6, 2011

Hives and some perspective.

Carter got out of the shower one Sunday morning and within 12 hours his entire body was COVERED in bright red, itchy hives. At first I figured they would go away, but after Wednesday came and went, I got him into the doctor. The doc pretty much said, what I had assumed- that they were unexplained hives and they should go away. He wasn't running a fever or had any other alarming symptoms, so we just waited. On Friday, he looked pretty good. Most of the hives on his face were gone and just a few remained on his arms and legs. THEN IT HAPPENED AGAIN. This time, we figured out the culprit! A couple weeks earlier, Jason had sprayed the yard for bugs and used a store bought pesticide, making sure he soaked the playland to keep spiders and wasps out this year. Carter had very limited exposure to the playland, because of the crappy weather- but once he did, the hives appeared. Long story short- we are pretty sure that's the reason. We have since, power washed the play land and the hives have not returned. Whew! Poor kid though. Since then, I have signed us back up for professional bug killing services.

Dawson has been playing a new character almost every day it seems. One day he is Indiana Jones, with sling bag, belts and fedora. The next day, he's a magician with a bow tie and cape. The other day, he was a photographer. I loved seeing the shots he took- all on his own. Its fun to let the kids take the camera every once in a while to see the world from their perspective. Here are a few of my favs from his photo shoot!
His Preschool Mother's Day gift. A planter with big eyes. Love it.
(It's also fun for me to play with photoshop)

2 comments:

kate said...

sheesh! that picture of carter and the hives is making me itch! poor little guy.. glad he's back to his old self!

and those are some pretty impressive pics, dawson! :)

Tammy said...

Love your photos. I've also been trying to play with photoshop, mostly lightroom because it's easier. Anyways, great photos, and I love the mother's day gift.