Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day!

Mothers Day 2011 was a wonderful, easy going, and full of great food event. On Saturday night, we went to P.F.Changs for dinner with our awesome neighbors and then saw Water for Elephants. I give it 2 thumbs up...both the the dinner and the flick. Sunday morning, I awoke to the smells of french toast, bacon and sausage being prepared in the kitchen- which certainly got me out of bed! The boys fought over the 4 sausage patties and Jason I just watched. In about 10 years- it will be really interesting when all 3 boys are fighting over food. Awe, can't wait.

Then the boys gave me their gifts. Too precious for words. I love that Jason takes the boys shopping and lets them have 100% control on their purchases. This year, I got 2 bottles of nail polish and a unique hair accessory with a strawberry in the middle of it. I loved it and laughed all morning. The boys kept checking in to make sure I liked my gifts...I LOVED THEM!

Church was wonderful. The primary kids sang and both boys smiled and waved from the front of the chapel. So sweet.
After church I was treated to a delicious dinner prepared by Jason and the best chocolate/raspberry cake dropped off my neighbor Kate. I love food anyway...but now that I'm not throwing up everything I eat, there is a new found appreciation for culinary works of art. Mmmm!

Another awesome gift of the day:
We have reached the 20 week mark!

4 comments:

Stevie and Meesha said...

How sweet! Love the picture. Also, WAHOO for the twenty week mark it is finally here!

Ashley said...

This post makes my heart melt!
:-) So glad you had a lovley Mother's Day, Amy! You deserve it!! Glad you're finally able to enjoy some yummy food and your boys are adorable. I love that they pick out your gifts. How sweet!

dancin' momma said...

Yeah for enjoying food again and for 20 weeks!!

Charlie and Cassie said...

Congrats on the 20 week mark, glad you are feeling better! Happy Mother's Day!