
We just got back from our quick little trip to the Happiest Place on Earth...and I really believe it is! Dawson had the time of his life. He met Mickey, Pluto, Minnie, Woody and Goofy- I really thought his little eyes were going to bug out of his head! He was totally star struck, rendered speechless even. The park is totally decked out in Christmas splendor, Main Street Disney is quite the site to behold. The Haunted Mansion has been totally transformed into the Nightmare Before Christmas, its amazing! There is no detail too small for the Imagineers. We spent the first day in the Disney park, having a great time on the Nemo Adventure and Buzz Lightyear rides (5) total times. A lot of the rides in both parks are for kids 40" and over and our little Dawson was just under the 37" mark...I was so bummed on a couple of the rides I really wanted him to experience- oh well, motivation for him to grow big and strong so we can go back soon! Jason and I soloed on a couple while the other one entertained D. We ate WAY TOO much junk food and spent way too much $$$ on souvenirs. I just remember being there when I was in high school and thinking "wow, I can't wait to bring my kids back here." I seriously NEVER expected it to be so soon. It happened so quickly! We are already making plans to take Carter in a couple of years!
I just have to say too- Minnie Mouse didn't want to let Dawson go, we were the last ones in line and she just kept giving him hugs and holding on. It was adorable! I was so proud of Dawson too, he did awesome in the parks, hardly complained in the lines and didn't even take naps! Of course 8:15 came around and he passed out in the stroller...which was nice to give Jason and I a tiny break!
While we were there, we met up with Jason's 7 cousins and their families. We didn't plan on going there at the same time, it just kind of happened! It was great to see them and a good chance for Dawson to meet some of his own aged family.
6 comments:
That is an AMAZZZZZIIIINNNNGGGG picture!!!
How fun! I would love to go to Disneyland around Christmas! Hope you guys continue to have a great time!
I'm more jealous than I can EVEN explain! I've been BEGGING my husband to take me to Disneyland forever now! Also, I have a NEW blog in addition to my craft one now.... it's carterandwendycassidy.blogspot.com Take care and have fun!!!
Hi cute Amy! I just found your blog. How could I not know about this before?! Looks like you had a fun trip to Disneyland. The pics are darling. Missed you at the meeting.
Looks like lots of fun. Hopefully someday we'll be able to go. I've never been, myself, but it looks like we'd all have a blast! Your pics, as always are too cute!!
The last time I went to Disneyland, I was 7!!! I can't even remember what it looks like now lol... You are so lucky that you were able to go and share this experience with your children! You are such an awesome Mommy, Amy!!! By the way, WHEN are you we going to get together??? I miss you a TON!
Post a Comment