Let the good times roll and the diet drinks flow! On the 20th, Jason and I along with all of Rasmussen clan headed out on our Maiden voyage as a semi-complete family (Ryan still has those 2 glorious years of missionary work ahead) We flew to San Diego, saw about 15 minutes of the airport and then were shuttled over to the cruise port. After standing in a NASTY metal warehouse for half an hour, we made our way to the beautiful Carnival Elation. Within minutes of being on board, drink cards were purchased, suitcases were un-packed and the fun started flyin.
Tuesday- "Day at Sea" basically we laid out in the sun, visited the buffet far too many times than one person should be allowed and found out that I am stinkin good at Roulette! I was on a sweet ride for 4 times out of 5 with that game! Of course, the last time I played, I got rocked...but before that it was way fun! Halee and Scy did really well too. Jason and I don't consider ourselves huge gamblers of course, but when you're on a huge ship with money to burn...there really is only one option! (Leaving the over priced and over fake, junk gift shops alone)
Wednesday- "Catalina Island" WHOO! Bright and early (8:45) we embarked on our first expedition. We went Kayaking along the coast and had a blast! Jason and I kayaked in Hawaii, but that was down a river...this time it was out in the open sea and I thought for sure a giant sea monster would swallow us whole! We did come pretty close though, when a baby-ish looking seal popped his head up just feet away from Meesha and Stevie! They almost wacked him in the head out of shock! We then stopped and visited "frog rock" where we had a giant chocolate cookie and collected rocks and shells. After the exciting ocean navigation, we stopped at a New Orleans inspired bistro and enjoyed lunch. We did a little bit of shopping in town and then back on the boat for more gorging out and gambling (aren't those like 2 of the 7 deadly sins?) I guess thats what vacations are for, right!?
Thursday- "Meh-he-co" Probably the most nerve racking expedition for me... I just wanted to shop and sip a virgin shirley temple... instead?? I got stuck on the back of an ATV for 60 minutes of riding through the streets (main roads, folks) to La Bufadora. If it wasn't for the fact that Jason was driving while I held the map, we might have ended up in who knows where! Once we got to our desired destination, I saw the realm of possibilities open up! There were churros on one side and DOZENS of stores on the other! YAY! We did end up shopping in the market place for a few hours, we stopped and ate at Habana Bananas and then shopped a little more. Sadly though, the only way back was the same way we arrived. Thankfully Halee and Scyler let us have the dune buggy. Then we rode the sand dunes for a little while, before 2 of them broke... After that short miracle, we got back on the boat. Ate way too much again and then settled in for the night.
Friday- HOME! As fun as vacations can be, there is always that day when you have to walk through the threshold of your home and then reality hits! No groceries (in our case no toilet paper) no desire, and LOTS OF LAUNDRY! We drove to Price to pick up the boys and then had the journey back home to find the thermostat was set on 86 degrees...so it literally felt like H _ _ _ in our house!! UGH! It wasn't until Saturday morning that it started feeling livable again.
But we survived! Thats all a have to say! Great vacation! More pics possibly coming soon...depends on how sun burned and bloated we look in them!
Thank you Becky, Mom, Dad & Camillia for watching the boys!!




2 comments:
Sounds like a blast!
Yae for cruises. So glad you guys had a fun time. You are quite adventurous, way to go!
Post a Comment