Saturday, September 5, 2009

the BIRTHDAY!

So, its a mother's right to brag about her babies at least once a year...in an official and major fashion- so here it is...

Favorite Dawson moment this week- I was folding laundry on my bed and he was playing on the computer. After a few minutes of not hearing the keys click on the keyboard, I asked him what he was doing. In his polite little voice he said "I'm just playing Mommy. What are you doing?" He asked.

I said, "folding laundry." The next thing I know he has his face poked around the corner into my room and He says, "I like it when you're in your room Mommy. It's SO CUTE!" To which I said, "What? It's cute?" He says, "Yeah, you are in here and its just so cute Mom."
I had to chuckle out loud and call Jason right away. How is it that those little people know exactly what to say at the exactly right moment to make everything in the world right again? The rest of the day, I couldn't help but get emotional when I thought about the sweet boy he really is. Granted, all 4-year-olds can cop an attitude and they all whine...but Dawson is so thoughtful and tenderhearted. He is always complimenting me and telling me what a great mommy I am...most of the time when I feel like a failure. I love his laugh, his cute voice and the way he holds my hand when we walk into Wal-Mart. The little things for sure....

What a true blessing he and Carter both are. Since we've struggled getting another baby for the past few months, I've really gained an appreciation for the 2 wonderful spirits God has entrusted me with. What a great big brother Dawson will be in our family. He hates being away from Carter and most of the time is so great with him.

Its so hard for me to think that 4 years ago at this exact time of night, I was graciously sitting with my epidural in the hospital...praying that everything would be okay...and knowing that our lives would never be the same. What an incredible experience. Dawson is everything we could have hoped and prayed for- and so much more. Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

7 comments:

Kyla said...

Happy birthday dawson!! Thanks for inviting us to your party!! We had a blast!!

Kris said...

aaawwww, so cute! Remember Amy,it's the Lord's timing to give sweet precious gifts....all in due time!!!!

Lindsay said...

How sweet. I cant believe we are old enough to have kids that are YEARS OLD. Crazy. He is soo handsome! Um I hope this isn't too personal but the comment above and a comment you left me before makes it seem like you are having a hard time having anohter child. If so I am so sorry to hear that and am in the same boat as you. It is just nice to know that we all have the struggles that we can all relate to in some way. And not be alone. I will keep you in my prayers, I know they help. And if I am reading to much into that comment then sorry and I will still pray for you to have a wonderful happy life and family!!

Stevie and Meesha said...

YAY for little Dawson! He is so cute! I love that kid to death and love hanging out with him and you guys:)

Jamie and Tom said...

Don't worry... you are bound to have a little girl. Remember the boy boy girl tradition in our family? She's bound to be comin sometime!

Little Dawson is a cutie. Happy birthday to him!

And happy birthday to YOU on WEDNESDAY!! I still remember your 9-9-99 bday... it is 09-09-09 this time around! WAHOO!! Don't worry i've been waiting for your birthday for a long time haha... I thought I'd wish it a little early just because that is so cool.

Anyways, hope you are doing well! We miss you guys!

Tammy said...

How sweet. Happy Birthday Dawson. He sounds like such a cute kid.

Kaye said...

Happy Birthday Dawson. I loved having you stay with me. Hope we can do it again soon!!!!!

Cute pic of the boys Amy. Can you send it to my email.