Once we finished "chasing" the gingerbread man around the preschool, he got to go outside and catch one to decorate. He could hardly contain his excitement!
Carter even got to catch one, but he mutilated it before it had a chance to receive clothing or facial features. Then he took a bite because I told him it was a cookie- he spit it out so fast and said "YUCKY MOMMY, DON'T LIKE IT!" Can't say that I blame him, gingerbread does have a taste that takes some getting used to. But Dawson decorated away and beamed with the finished product!
Poor Sam (as we quickly named him) didn't make it home in one piece or with his fine ornamentation on M&M's. They picked those off and ate them and yep- you guessed it- Carter got a hold of him and obliterated any trace of a once perfectly formed Cookie Man. Dawson couldn't wait to go to his first official day. When Friday rolled around, he got himself dressed and waited to patiently for 12:00 to roll around. He did great on his first day and learned about his name. He was so talkative when I picked him up and immediately told me that his name had a D, W, S, N in it! I asked him about the A and the O and he said "oh yeah, them too...but I like to draw the others the most." Sounds like its going to be a fun year for him!




2 comments:
how exciting you have a preschooler!! he looks so happy to be going to school, hopefully that will last!
How sweet! Sounds like a great preschool! Kinda makes you wish they'd stay that excited for school until they graduate huh?
Post a Comment