As it were, before Jason and I got married- his family had the tradition of visiting temple square to see the lights. As a family, this expedition hasn't happened in 6 years...so this was a grand event. I spent the day buying hats and gloves and those awesome little heating packets for our shoes. I won't lie- I know how my kids can be in extreme weather conditions, they don't fare well at times. So I braced myself for the night ahead. Once we arrived it was time to bundle everyone up. Dawson did just fine, excited to have a beanie hat and hold his Missing Link toy. He didn't utter a word of complaint. Carter however, cannot be forced into ANYTHING and was ticked off at his daddy for forcing him to put on gloves and a hat.
So for the next 20 minutes or so, we listened to his discontentment. I finally took him into one of the visitors centers and as soon as we walked in he said, "It's hot now mommy!" We took a seat on a couch and watched the Pineview high school perform. ( which is something I actually miss very much from the high school choir days, so I was happy) Carter took a fascination with the touch screen t.v. that played a video on the importance of temples. There was one particular chapter that he loved the most because of the image of Christ. Everytime he knew it was coming he said " Here comes Jesus mommy!!" It was so cute.
Then after all the unhappiness, Jason came in to see how things were going and Carter pointed outside and said, "lets go!" So we ventured out into the bitter cold and walked around with him. Dawson in the meantime was with the rest of Jason's family, touring the sites.
(LOVE this picture by the way, thanks for the real smile babe)
After walking the grounds, we were all starving and Olive Garden was on the menu. Too bad the downtown restaurant was flooded with post Nutcracker audience members. So we drove over to West Valley and ate a delicious Italian feast around 10:00 pm. It was a good time! Both Dawson and Carter fell completely asleep on our laps, just as our food arrived...it made for some interesting dining. We headed out a little early and drove home.
Jason's parents spent the night at our home and then stayed the whole day to go shopping. We started out with all you can eat french toast at Magleby's (YUMM-O) and had a blast going from store to store. By lunch time, the weather had taken a turn for the worse, which kinda stunk, but we were safe inside the doors of Chuck-E-Cheese!! Whoo!! It was a nut house in that place! All that matters is the boys had fun and Jason finally conquered the Simpsons game (after a year of trying). Both boys got a ball from the prize table and haven't put them down since. Thanks Nana Kaye and Grandpa Doug for the FUN, FUN day!





2 comments:
I absolutely love that picture of Jason and Carter. Priceless! I also love how he pointed out that Jesus was coming up... so cute! Good job Daws too for being such a sport!
Amy your family is so adorable! I miss seeing Temple square this year! (Even the snow! lol) That is awesome that Carter was so fascinated with the Christ video! :) I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment