Today was exciting...it was a little bit of a worrisome moment for me when Dr. Nance spent a few short seconds rubbing the doppler over my tummy this morning. It was easy to recall the scared feelings I had the last time I was in that position, but just moments in- there is was! BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM! Strong and very much, there. Whew! Carter and Jason were in the room and you could see the look of concern on Carter's face the minute the room filled with that sound. Then we told him what it was, and his concern quickly turned to an ear to ear grin! We only listened long enough for Dr. Nance to say, "well, thats safely in the girl range!" I wish I could take his word for it, but only 4 more weeks and an early ultrasound can test his educated guess. All in all- it was a great way to begin my day. Revived with a sense of determination to make it through this plague of puke. I've only lost 10 lbs so far...not quite the 35 lbs. my mom lost while carrying me...heaven forbid I have to go through that (thanks again Mom, I owe you!)
I've decided blue Gatorade is my friend this week. After the dreadful 3 days I just experienced, anything that stayed put was a welcomed friend. Jason brought it home last night and after another Priesthood blessing and an evening nap...I kept it down. Hooray!
Foods I WILL BE AVOIDING FOR A LONG TIME TO COME:
- Burger King
- Arby's
- Special K cereal
- Italian Food
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Eggs (just the smell of them being cooked...ugggghh)
- Cookie Dough ice cream
- Chocolate Syrup (I can't even make chocolate milk for Carter anymore)
- KFC Mashed Potates
- Herbal Tea
- Fruit loops
- Salad (which stinks)
There's the short list.
4 comments:
Wow! Amy you have the worst morning sickness! But it will be soooo worth it, and you'll soon forget all about it.
yay yay yay! That is super super exciting! Well not the sickly part... I hope that gets better soon!
How exciting to hear the heart beat! Congratulations again. My moms advice for pregger sickness is to eat a cracker or animal cracker before your head comes off of the pillow. That is so crappy to be so sick! I hope it subsides soon.
Hey girl its Britt I haven't talked to you in a long time. I am glad everything is good. I need to get some vinly from you and I was wondering who you go through for you digital scrapbooks. Let me know when you are up to cutting and I will email you! I hope you have a girl too!!!
Post a Comment