Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Little Reader

Dawson finished his 25 book reading chart in preschool! He started his quest in October and completed his chart, passing off each book with ease. It was pretty exciting as his parents to watch him learn and read. Got me kind of emotional at times, actually. We went to the library and I let him pick books in the beginners section, much to our surprise last night, he was flying through book after book. I love it! For accomplishing his big goal, he got to pick dinner...of course at McDonalds and we bought Tangled and watched it together.

We register Dawson for Kindergarten on Wednesday- Seriously. Can't believe it! I'm so excited for him to begin his first year of "real school" with confidence and I hope his thirst for learning  only continues! He did tell me tonight however, that when he grows up, he just wants to go on Wipeout. Hmm. I guess career planning will be and important conversation someday!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

wipe out is a great choice! Cant believe how old our kids are getting!! That pre school sounds amazing, i may have to look into it!