Friday, March 12, 2010

feelin springy and adding ruffles!

I recently had the itch to dust off the amazing sewing machine my mom gave me and put my inner seamstress to use. I bought a shirt a while back at Downeast and it was way too long/big. SO! I saw some inspiration on the Tea Rose Home blog that I love and started cutting! Here is how it turned out...
before

   after

I used a simple gather stitch and made two rows of the ruffle then added it to the neckline. Now its the perfect length and looks so feminine! NEXT UP- my swim suit...yikes.

before. 
and a little low in the front for my liking.

that same simple gather stitch...
pin to the suit...and sew...
and TADA!
 I added a cute flower and gem and I'm ready!
Now there is more coverage in the front and it feels more flirty!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

That's seriosly awesome!! I'll have to copy.

mckenna1 said...

Good job!! Put that machine to use.

Kyla said...

You are fabulous!

Ashley said...

Wow! I'm impressed!